The multi-award winning Virtual Dementia Experience™ (VDE™) is an immersive, interactive virtual reality experience that invades the senses and takes people into the world of a person living with dementia. A VDE™ session takes the participant through a multi-sensory simulation using light, sound, colour and visual content to immerse you into the lived experience of a person with dementia.
Created in collaboration with Melbourne game developers, Opaque Multimedia, in consultation with carers, people with dementia and our educators, the VDE™ is an innovative use of game technology to deliver experiential learning aimed at increasing empathy.
This 2 hour workshop enables participants to understand the environmental elements that are friendly or hostile, by allowing them to experience a home environment in the same way a person with dementia would. Participants are encouraged to reflect on their own approach to dementia support and to think about ways in which they can make their own environments more supportive.
On completion of this session you will:
Book online for the next Virtual Dementia Experience.
If you are interested in a Virtual Dementia Experience workshop for your workplace or wish to further discuss your training needs and get an obligation free quote, contact the Centre for Dementia Learning 1300 DEMENTIA (1300 336 368) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2015 Gold Winner - Dementia Australia Vic Virtual Dementia Experience ™ Victorian Public Healthcare Award Excellence in person, family and community-centred care
- 2015 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™, Microsoft Imagine Cup World Citizenship Award
- 2015 Finalist - Dementia Australia Vic Virtual Dementia Experience™ HESTA Community Sector Awards Outstanding Organisation
- 2014 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™ at The Perc Walkley Dementia Learning Centre, Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards APICTA for eLearning
- 2014 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™ at The Perc Walkley Dementia Learning Centre, Victorian and National iAwards Education Category
- 2014 Finalist - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™, Melbourne Awards Contribution to Profile
Additionally, Dementia Australia Vic is consistently invited to present the technology at multiple international conferences;