Dementia Australia offers free support for people of all ages diagnosed with dementia, or people assessed with mild cognitive impairment. These sessions are designed to help you manage your diagnosis and live well.
A skilled Dementia Australia staff member will be your single point of contact over six sessions. They will work with you to understand your specific situation and provide information and support based on what is most important to you.
Post-diagnostic support is also available to family and carers.
Support following your diagnosis can help you:
- increase your understanding of dementia
- plan support services and networks
- develop personal and lifestyle strategies to help you live well
- prepare and plan for any changes.
You can also be referred to other mainstream services and programs. These include My Aged Care (MAC) or the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You can complete the sessions over six weeks or within 12 months, depending on what suits you. We offer sessions throughout Australia, via phone or video conference.
How to access post-diagnostic support
- Call the National Dementia Helpline on free call 1800 100 500 or
- Use the online service enquiry/referral request form