If you have dementia, or you’re caring for someone living with dementia, it’s normal to experience a range of good and bad feelings. You’re not alone. Dementia Australia offers free, confidential, professional counselling for individuals, families, couples and professional carers at all stages of a dementia journey.
Counselling is important as it can help you understand what you, or someone you care about, is going through. It can be good to talk with a professional about your:
- emotional reactions
- family and culture
- living arrangements
- dementia symptoms
- changed behaviours.
Everyone will experience dementia differently. Counselling support can help individuals, couples and families to:
- gain a better understanding of the impact of dementia
- develop strategies to respond to feelings of stress or mixed emotions
- plan for the future, by setting goals and seeking referrals for practice support.
We can speak with you face-to-face, on the phone or via video conferencing.
How to request access to our counselling service
- Call the National Dementia Helpline on free call 1800 100 500 or
- Use the online service enquiry/referral request form