Get support, information and advice by telephone or in person anywhere in NSW through our counselling service and network of Dementia Advisory Services.
Counselling gives you an opportunity to speak confidentially with one of our professional staff about issues relating to dementia. Common topics include:
- Adjusting to a diagnosis
- Understanding dementia and its impact
- Caring for someone with dementia
- Finding appropriate services or practical assistance
- Responding to changed and challenging behaviours
- Family issues
- Loss and grief
- Planning for the future
- The move into residential care
Dementia Advisory Services
Dementia Advisory Services provide you with support and information about demenia, advocacy and can link you to local community and health services. They are located throughout NSW.
To make an appointment with one of our counsellors, or for more information including the location of your nearest Dementia Advisory Service, call the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500 or email us.