Dementia Care. Family Support.
The Nightingale Program is a palliative model of care, provided by specialist nurses throughout South Australia. The program provides strategies and advice to support people living with dementia, their families and care providers with a focus on promoting choice and well-being. The program is funded by The Rosemary Foundation for Memory Support and Country SA PHN Ageing Well in Place initiative.
How we help
Using a person-centred approach, we can develop care strategies to enable people living with dementia to:
- Stay at home longer and maximise their independence
- Promote quality of life and positive relationships
- Have a voice in their future care options and decision making
- Avoid unnecessary presentations to acute hospital settings
- Clinical advice including co-morbidity management, pain management, delirium and palliation.
The many benefits of the Nightingale Program include:
- Specialist nursing advice
- Comprehensive and holistic nursing assessment, which will identify current issues and anticipate changing needs
- Referral to other service providers as needed
- Continuity of care, offering a single point of contact for guidance
- Advice provided in home, residential aged care, community and hospital settings
- Consultation in the development of advance care directives for future health care needs
- Education and emotional support to support family and carers
- Interdisciplinary teamwork
How do I contact the Nightingale Program?
For more information, contact the National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500 or firstname.lastname@example.org