Dementia-specific palliative care support
The Nightingale Program is a palliative model of care, provided by specialist nurses and an Occupational Therapist throughout South Australia for advanced dementia care.
It’s available free of charge and provides strategies and advice to support people living with advanced dementia, their families and care providers, with a focus on promoting choice, well-being and forward planning.
The program supports people living at home, in residential aged care and community settings.
How we help
Offering a specialist nurse as the single point of contact, we can develop care strategies to enable people living with dementia to:
- Stay at home longer and maximise their independence.
- Promote quality of life and positive relationships.
- Have a voice in their future care options and decision making.
- Avoid unnecessary presentations to acute hospital settings.
- Have clinical advice including co-morbidity management, pain management, delirium and palliation.
This service is funded by The Rosemary Foundation for Memory Support and Country SA PHN.
Download the Nightingale Program brochure
How to access the Nightingale Program
- Call the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500 or
Use the online service enquiry/referral request form