Dementia Australia is the national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers.
When Dementia Australia was formed in 2017, bringing together our state and territory organisations, we committed to becoming a bigger, stronger and bolder voice for people impacted by dementia.
To understand how best to achieve this, we undertook extensive and rigorous consultation with our community. The result was a clear Strategic Direction as well as a single vision, purpose and values for our unified organisation. These statements underpin every decision we make, every change we make and every person who we work with or support, every process we develop, and project or program we introduce.
An inclusive future where all people impacted by dementia receive the care and support they choose.
To transform the experience of people impacted by dementia by elevating their voices and inspiring excellence in support and care free from discrimination.
- Diversity and Equality
- Respect and Inclusiveness
- Integrity and Accountability
Who we are
- We represent more than 459,000 Australians living with dementia and the estimated 1.6 million Australians involved in their care.
- We work with individuals and families, all levels of government, and other key stakeholders to ensure people of all ages with all types of dementia, as well as their families and carers, are appropriately supported – at work, at home (including residential aged care), or in their local community.
- We are an important advocate for those impacted by dementia and, due to our close engagement with consumers, we provide input on policy matters and identify service gaps.
- We draw on our expertise to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders including researchers, technology experts and providers.
- We provide support services, education and information aimed at addressing the gaps in mainstream services.
Dementia Australia is a member of Alzheimer’s Disease International, the umbrella organisation of dementia associations around the world.